Vegemite is the secret element to this Australian twist at the unfashionable traditional - steak Diane.
The ingredient of Steak sheila
- four x 180g eye fillet steaks, halved horizontally to make 8 thin fillets
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 30g unsalted butter
- 3 eschalots, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 120g button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/four cup (60ml) brandy
- 3 teaspoons Vegemite
- 2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup (125ml) Massel beef stock
- half cup (125ml) thickened cream
- Finely chopped flat-leaf parsley, to serve
- Rocket, to serve
- 1kg pontiac or desiree potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 200g sour cream
The instruction how to make Steak sheila
- For the bitter cream mash, place the potatoes in a saucepan of bloodless salted water, convey to the boil and prepare dinner for 10 minutes or till tender. Drain, then mash well. Stir in bitter cream, season with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, then hold heat.
- Meanwhile, season pork, then, the use of a meat mallet or rolling pin, flatten out slightly. Heat oil in a huge frypan over high heat. In 2 batches, cook the steaks for two mins every aspect for medium-rare or until cooked for your liking. Remove the steaks from the frypan, loosely cover with foil, then set apart to relaxation while youre making the sauce.
- Return the frypan to medium heat and upload the butter. Once the butter has melted, cook the eschalot, stirring, for 1 minute, then upload the garlic and mushroom, and stir to mix. Add brandy and prepare dinner for two-three minutes till liquid nearly evaporates. Add the Vegemite, mustard and stock and cook, stirring, for 2 mins. Add the cream and cook for a further 2 mins or till slightly decreased. Season with sea salt and freshly floor black pepper.
- To serve, divide bitter cream mash and steaks amongst serving plates and drizzle over sauce. Sprinkle with a few chopped parsley and serve with rocket.
Nutritions of Steak sheilacalories: 847.255 calories
calories: 53 grams fat
calories: 29 grams saturated fat
calories: 31 grams carbohydrates
calories: 7 grams sugar
calories: 50 grams protein
calories: 214 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 431.91 milligrams sodium