The ultimate aggregate of crispy pastry and succulent pork filling, this Steak Diane pie is the correct iciness hotter so one can fulfill all the family.
The ingredient of Steak Diane own family pie recipe
- 1kg pork chuck steak, reduce into 3cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons plain flour
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 6 eschalots, halved
- 200g button mushrooms, halved
- 1 carrot, finely chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, beaten
- 1/4 cup brandy (non-compulsory)
- 1 half of cups salt-reduced red meat inventory
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/4 cup natural cream
- half cup frozen peas
- 1/4 cup chopped sparkling flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 sheets frozen puff pastry, in part thawed
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Steamed broccolini, to serve
- Tomato chutney, to serve
The instruction how to make Steak Diane own family pie recipe
- Place beef in a big bowl. Add flour. Toss to coat. Heat oil in a big saucepan over medium-high warmth. Cook pork, in batches, for 5 minutes or till browned. Transfer to a bowl.
- Add eschalot, mushroom and carrot to pan. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until eschalot begins to melt. Add garlic and brandy, if using. Bring to the boil. Return beef and any juices to pan with inventory, mustard and Worcestershire sauce. Return to the boil. Reduce warmness to low. Simmer, blanketed, for 1 hour. Uncover. Simmer for a similarly 45 mins or until pork may be very soft and sauce has thickened. Stir in cream, peas and parsley. Season.
- Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-compelled. Spoon beef filling into a 5cm-deep, 22cm (base) pie dish (see freezer word, right). Stack pastry sheets on top of each other. Press together to comfy. Place pastry on pinnacle of lling in dish. Press edge with a fork to seal. Trim extra pastry. Brush top with egg. Make four 8cm-long cuts in the top of pie to allow steam to get away. Season nicely with salt.
- Bake pie for 30 minutes or until pastry is golden and puffed. Stand pie for five mins. Serve with steamed broccolini and tomato chutney.
Nutritions of Steak Diane own family pie recipecalories: 864.224 calories
calories: 36.6 grams fat
calories: 14.1 grams saturated fat
calories: 53.5 grams carbohydrates
calories: 66 grams protein
calories: 1190 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 203 milligrams sodium