"Our makeover combines the crunchy, savoury saltiness of peanuts with creamy whipped mousse to create a superbly candy contrast" – Matt Preston
The ingredient of Chocolate mousse with salted peanut caramel
- 200g dark cooking chocolate, finely chopped
- 30g butter
- 3 eggs, separated, at room temperature
- 250ml (1 cup) thickened cream
- Double cream, to serve
- Chocolate shavings, to serve (see tip)
- 155g (three/four cup) caster sugar
- 125ml (1/2 cup) water
- 150ml double cream
- 80g (half cup) salted roasted peanuts, coarsely chopped
The instruction how to make Chocolate mousse with salted peanut caramel
- To make the peanut caramel, stir the sugar and water in a saucepan over low heat for 5 mins or until sugar dissolves. Increase warmth to excessive.Bring to the boil.Boil, with out stirring, brushing down the aspect of the pan now and again with a moist pastry brush, for 8-10 mins or until golden. Remove from warmth. Stir inside the cream till properly combined. Stir in peanuts. Spoon into six 250ml (1 cup) heatproof glasses. Place in the fridge for 30 minutes to set.
- Meanwhile, soften the chocolate and butter in a heatproof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water. Set aside for five minutes to chill slightly. Use a steel spoon to stir in the egg yolks till almost combined. (Dont overstir, as the chocolate can harden).
- Use electric beaters to conquer the thickened cream until soft peaks shape. Gently fold half the cream into the chocolate mixture until almost mixed. Fold in ultimate cream.
- Use electric beaters to beat egg whites in a dry, easy bowl until soft peaks form. Fold half of the egg white into chocolate combination. Fold in last egg white. Spoon into the glasses. Cover. Place within the refrigerator for 3 hours to set. Serve topped with double cream and chocolate shavings.
Nutritions of Chocolate mousse with salted peanut caramelcalories: 650.797 calories
calories: 47.7 grams fat
calories: 26.7 grams saturated fat
calories: 49.8 grams carbohydrates
calories: 43.8 grams sugar
calories: 10.2 grams protein
calories: 193 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 114 milligrams sodium