End a meal on a high note with this indulgent chocolate dessert.
The ingredient of Chocolate mousse cake
- 500g dark chocolate
- 2 tablespoons golden syrup
- 125g unsalted butter
- four eggs
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon simple flour, sifted
- Melted chocolate, to beautify
- Chocolate sorbet, to serve
- 200g mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons instantaneous espresso
- 2 tablespoons pure icing sugar
The instruction how to make Chocolate mousse cake
- Preheat oven to 220u00b0C. Grease and line the base of a 20cm round spring-form cake pan with non-stick baking paper.
- Melt the chocolate, golden syrup and butter in a bowl over a saucepan of gently simmering water. Set apart to cool barely.
- Place eggs and sugar inside the bowl of an electric powered mixer or use an electric hand beater and beat on excessive for 10 minutes till very thick and light. Gently fold in the flour then fold inside the chocolate combination till blended. Pour into the cake pan and bake on the center shelf of the oven for 12 minutes. Remove from oven and run a knife round the threshold of the cake. Remove collar from cake pan and switch the cake to the refrigerator for 1 hour to cool (this step is crucial as it sets the center of the cake).
- Meanwhile, to make the espresso mascarpone, dissolve espresso in 1 tablespoon of boiling water and set apart to chill. Beat collectively the mascarpone, coffee and sugar in a bowl until stiff.
- To make the chocolate leaf, brush non-poisonous leaves with the melted chocolate. When cool, peel the leaf off.
- Slice the cake and serve with a dollop of coffee mascarpone, a chocolate leaf on top and a scoop of sorbet on the side.
Nutritions of Chocolate mousse cakecalories: 1268.134 calories
calories: 88 grams fat
calories: 55 grams saturated fat
calories: 103 grams carbohydrates
calories: 87 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 208.92 milligrams sodium