Orange and cinnamon flawlessly complement this delectable mousse dessert. Start this recipe the day before.
The ingredient of Orange and cinnamon mousse
- half cup caster sugar
- half of cup orange juice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tablespoon orange rind
- three teaspoons gelatine
- 1/four cup water, just boiled
- 2 egg whites
- 300ml thickened cream, gently whipped
- Ground cinnamon, to serve
- Orange rind, extra, to serve
The instruction how to make Orange and cinnamon mousse
- In a small saucepan combine sugar, juice and cinnamon stick. Stir over a medium warmness till sugar dissolves.
- Bring to boil. Reduce warmth and simmer, without stirring for five mins. Remove from warmth. Stir in rind and transfer to a bowl. Cool to room temperature.
- In a small jug, whisk gelatine speedily into water with a fork until dissolved. Cool to room temperature. Whisk into juice mixture.
- In a clean, dry bowl, beat egg-whites until smooth peaks form. Fold into juice mixture with cream.
- Spoon into 6 x 1/2 cup serving glasses. Cover and relax for 2 hours or in a single day until firm. Dust with cinnamon and pinnacle with rind to serve.
Nutritions of Orange and cinnamon moussecalories: