Curtis Stone and Lauren Mitchell cook Laurens preferred dessert - lemon curd vanilla cheesecake.
The ingredient of Lemon curd vanilla cheesecake
- Melted butter, for greasing
- 150g ginger-flavoured biscuits
- 60g unsalted butter, melted
- 1/four cup caster sugar
- 1/4 cup sparkling lemon juice (from about 2 lemons)
- 1 large entire egg
- 1 large egg, yolk
- 35g bloodless unsalted butter, reduce into small cubes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 450g cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup plain cottage cheese
- 1/2 cup sweetened condensed milk
- 1 vanilla bean, cut up lengthwise, seeds scraped
- 1/four cup water
- 2 teaspoons powdered gelatine
The instruction how to make Lemon curd vanilla cheesecake
- For the Crust: Preheat oven to 180C or 160C fan.
- Grease the base and sides of a 22cm or 23cm springform pan with the melted butter. Invert base of pan so flat side with out the rim is facing up. Line with baking paper and clip lower back sides. Cut 2 strips of baking paper to line the sides of the pan.
- Place biscuits in a meals processor and mix to high-quality crumbs. Pulse in butter until properly combined and combination clumps together whilst squeezed. Press calmly over base of pan. Bake for 10 minutes, or till golden and company. Cool absolutely.
- For the Lemon Curd: In a large, heatproof bowl, whisk sugar, lemon juice, egg and egg yolk together. Place the bowl over a saucepan of simmering water and whisk continuously for about 10 minutes, or until aggregate thickens and coats the returned of a spoon.
- Remove bowl from warmness and whisk in butter and salt till properly blended and thickened. Cool for about 10 mins.
- For the Filling: Blend cream cheese in a food processor until easy and creamy, scraping down aspects and base to make sure that no lumps continue to be.
- Add cottage cheese and blend again till easy.
- Add condensed milk, egg yolk, vanilla seeds and sugar and blend well.
- Place water in a small saucepan. Sprinkle over gelatine, stand for 2 minutes, or until gelatine softens. Stir over low warmth until dissolved.
- With the meals processor running, slowly pour gelatine combination thru the feed tube in a skinny movement, mixing till incorporated.
- Pour mixture lightly over the bottom then cautiously spoon over lemon curd in a criss-move sample.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hrs, or overnight, until cheesecake is cold and set.
- To Serve: Unclip pan sides and remove cheesecake cautiously from pan base with a big palette or flat blade knife and switch to a serving platter. Remove baking paper from around the facets.
- Cut cheesecake into wedges and serve.
Nutritions of Lemon curd vanilla cheesecakecalories: 547.788 calories
calories: 37.8 grams fat
calories: 22.6 grams saturated fat
calories: 40.2 grams carbohydrates
calories: 30.1 grams sugar
calories: 13.7 grams protein
calories: 177 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 495 milligrams sodium