This old favourite is best served with chunks of crusty bread to mop up every last skerrick.
The ingredient of Lentil soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 celery stick, trimmed, finely chopped
- 2 x 400g cans brown lentils, rinsed, drained
- 400g can diced tomatoes
- 500ml (2 cups) Massel vegetable liquid stock
- 2 dried bay leaves
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano leaves
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- Olive oil (optional), to drizzle
- 25g (1/3 cup) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Lentil soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, carrot and celery, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Stir in lentils, tomato, stock, bay leaves and oregano. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 10 minutes or until mixture reduces slightly. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Remove and discard the bay leaves.
- Process half the soup in a food processor until smooth. Return to the pan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat until heated through. Stir in the parsley.
- Divide among serving bowls. Drizzle over oil, if desired. Top with parmesan.
Nutritions of Lentil soupcalories: 207.213 calories
calories: 8 grams fat
calories: 2 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 13 grams protein
calories: 6 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 679.57 milligrams sodium