Crispy pancetta adds the finishing touch to this wonderfully creamy avocado soup.
The ingredient of Avocado soup with crisp pancetta
- 1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock or vegetable liquid stock
- 2 avocados, flesh chopped
- 1 cup (240g) creme fraiche or sour cream
- 6 thin pancetta slices
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped mint or dill
- Lemon juice, to taste
The instruction how to make Avocado soup with crisp pancetta
- Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until softened. Add bay leaf and stock, bring to the boil, then cool slightly. Add avocado, season, then puree with a stick blender or in a blender until smooth. Stir in 3/4 cup creme fraiche, then either return to low heat and warm through, or refrigerate until chilled.
- Meanwhile, heat remaining oil in a frypan over medium-high heat. Cook the pancetta for 2-3 minutes, turning once, until crisp and golden. Drain on paper towel, then break into pieces.
- Add herbs to the soup and stir in lemon juice to taste, then divide among bowls. Thin creme fraiche a little with 2 teaspoons warm water. Drizzle over warm or chilled soup, season and serve topped with pancetta.
Nutritions of Avocado soup with crisp pancettacalories: 431.156 calories
calories: 44 grams fat
calories: 16 grams saturated fat
calories: 4 grams carbohydrates
calories: 2 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 51 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 906.62 milligrams sodium