Warm up in winter with this hearty and nourishing soup recipe made with potato, parsnips and feta. So easy to prepare, this meal serves 4 and takes only 40 minutes in the kitchen.
The ingredient of Parsnip & potato soup with feta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 3 medium (about 450g) parsnips, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 medium (about 360g) desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1L (4 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock (see Notes)
- 125ml (1/2 cup) thin cream
- Salt & ground white pepper
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives
- Freshly ground black pepper, to serve
The instruction how to make Parsnip & potato soup with feta
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the onion and garlic and cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion softens.
- Add the parsnip and potato and stir to combine. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes or until parsnip and potato are tender. Remove from heat and set aside for 10 minutes to cool.
- Place half the parsnip mixture in the jug of a blender and blend until smooth. Transfer to a clean saucepan and repeat with the remaining parsnip mixture.
- Place soup over low heat and stir until hot. Stir in the cream. Taste and season with salt and pepper.
- Ladle the hot soup among serving bowls. Sprinkle with feta and chives and season with black pepper. Serve immediately.
Nutritions of Parsnip & potato soup with fetacalories: 358.5 calories
calories: 23 grams fat
calories: 12 grams saturated fat
calories: 25 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 48 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1336.7 milligrams sodium