The ingredient of Pea, pancetta and mint soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 white onion, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 100g pancetta, rind removed, chopped
- 1 large (250g) desiree potato, peeled, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 litre Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 500g frozen peas, thawed
- 1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
The instruction how to make Pea, pancetta and mint soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add pancetta. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until slightly crisp.
- Add potato and stock. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 5 minutes. Add peas and simmer for a further 5 minutes or until potato and peas are tender. Allow to cool slightly.
- Add 1/4 cup of mint to soup. Process soup, in batches, until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper. Return to pan. Cook, stirring, over medium heat for 3 to 4 minutes or until hot. Ladle into bowls. Top with remaining mint. Serve.
Nutritions of Pea, pancetta and mint soupcalories: 257.642 calories
calories: 10 grams fat
calories: 3 grams saturated fat
calories: 20 grams carbohydrates
calories: 8 grams sugar
calories: 17 grams protein
calories: 14 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1677.84 milligrams sodium