Warm your hands around a mug of hearty soup packed with fennel flavours and garlicky goodness.
The ingredient of Meatball and risoni soup with gremolata
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small fennel bulb, trimmed, finely chopped
- 1 carrot, peeled, finely chopped
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 1.5L (6 cups) Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 3 garlic cloves
- 500g chicken mince
- 1 teaspoon ground fennel
- 1/4 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 lemons, rind finely grated
- 150g (2/3 cup) dried risoni pasta
- 60g baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup chopped fresh continental parsley
- 70g (1 cup) finely grated parmesan
The instruction how to make Meatball and risoni soup with gremolata
- Heat oil in a saucepan over low heat. Cook chopped fennel, carrot and onion, covered, stirring occasionally, for 3-4 minutes or until soft. Stir in the stock. Simmer, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, finely chop 1 garlic clove and crush 2 cloves. Combine mince, crushed garlic, ground fennel, pepper and half the lemon rind in a bowl.
- Stir the risoni into the stock mixture. Drop in teaspoonfuls of the mince mixture. Cook, uncovered, for 12-15 minutes or until cooked through and the risoni is al dente. Stir in the spinach for 1 minute.
- Combine chopped garlic, parsley, parmesan and remaining lemon rind in a bowl. Serve with soup.
Nutritions of Meatball and risoni soup with gremolatacalories: 354.915 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 5.5 grams saturated fat
calories: 26 grams carbohydrates
calories: 28 grams protein