Get some of your 5-a day and warm up this winter with this hearty pea, potato and broccoli soup.
The ingredient of Pea and broccoli soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 brushed potato, peeled, chopped
- 4 cups (1L) chicken stock or vegetable stock
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 2 cups (240g) frozen peas
- 1/3 cup (80ml) thin cream
- Thin cream, extra, to serve
- Coarsely chopped chives, to serve
- Pastry stars, to serve (see notes)
The instruction how to make Pea and broccoli soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring, for 5 mins or until onion softens. Add the garlic and cook, stirring, for 1 min or until aromatic.
- Add potato and stock. Bring to the boil. Cook for 10 mins or until potato is tender. Add broccoli and peas. Bring to the boil. Cook for 2 mins or until broccoli is tender. Remove from heat.
- Carefully use a stick blender to blend the mixture until smooth. Add the cream and stir to combine. Season.
- Ladle the soup evenly among serving bowls. Serve drizzled with extra cream and sprinkled with chives.
Nutritions of Pea and broccoli soupcalories: 225.377 calories
calories: 13 grams fat
calories: 6 grams saturated fat
calories: 14 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 950 milligrams sodium