Serve up a hearty vegetarian meal with this fragrant carrot and lentil soup.
The ingredient of Quick carrot and lentil soup
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large brown onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 teaspoons fresh ginger, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground allspice
- 1kg carrots, grated
- 1 cup (200g) red lentils
- 4 cups (1L) salt-reduced chicken stock
- Natural yoghurt, to serve
- Caraway seeds, to serve
- Flat-leaf parsley leaves, to serve
- Coles Brand Rustic Baguette, to serve
The instruction how to make Quick carrot and lentil soup
- Heat the oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and ginger. Cook for 5 mins or until fragrant. Add the allspice and carrot. Cook for 1 min or until well combined. Add the lentils, stock and 2 cups (500ml) of water. Cover. Bring to the boil and cook for 10 mins or until lentils are tender.
- Use a stick blender to carefully blend the lentil mixture until smooth. Season. Top the soup with a dollop of yoghurt. Sprinkle with caraway seeds and parsley. Serve with the bread.
Nutritions of Quick carrot and lentil soupcalories: