Boil in-season sweet potato to create this sensational winter warming soup.
The ingredient of Roasted sweet potato soup
- 850g orange sweet potato, peeled, cut into 3cm pieces
- 1 medium brown onion, cut into wedges
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 4 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 cup pure cream
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Salt, to season
The instruction how to make Roasted sweet potato soup
- Preheat oven to 180u00b0C/160u00b0C fan-forced. Place potato, onion and garlic in a large roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and maple syrup. Toss to coat. Season with salt and pepper. Roast for 25 to 30 minutes or until golden and tender.
- Place potato mixture in a large saucepan. Add stock. Bring to the boil over medium-high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until heated through. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
- Blend soup, in batches, until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Stir in 3/4 cup cream. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until heated through. Ladle into bowls. Drizzle with remaining cream. Sprinkle with oregano.
Nutritions of Roasted sweet potato soupcalories: 544.203 calories
calories: 36.7 grams fat
calories: 19.3 grams saturated fat
calories: 43.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 9.3 grams protein
calories: 86 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1383 milligrams sodium