Experiment with different types of mushrooms in this hearty winter soup.
The ingredient of Cream of mushroom soup
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 40g butter, chopped
- 1 large leek, halved lengthways, washed, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 750g flat mushrooms sliced
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 3/4 cup thickened cream
- crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Cream of mushroom soup
- Heat oil and butter in a large saucepan over medium heat until foaming. Add leek and garlic. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Reduce heat to low. Continue to cook, covered, for 10 to 15 minutes or until leek is very tender.
- Increase heat to high. Add mushrooms and cook, stirring often, for 10 to 15 minutes or until mushrooms are soft.
- Add stock and 2 cups water to saucepan and simmer, partially covered, for 20 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside to cool slightly. Process soup, in batches, until well combined. Return to saucepan.
- Add 1/2 cup cream and stir, without boiling, over low heat until warmed through. Ladle soup into bowls. Swirl with remaining cream and season with pepper. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Cream of mushroom soupcalories: 390.765 calories
calories: 36 grams fat
calories: 18 grams saturated fat
calories: 7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 6 grams sugar
calories: 11 grams protein
calories: 722.59 milligrams sodium