The whipped lemon fetta gives this lighter pasta soup a tangy twist.
The ingredient of Spring minestrone with whipped lemon fetta
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 litre Massel salt reduced chicken style liquid stock
- 1 1/2 cups dried wagon wheel pasta (or any short pasta of your choice)
- 400g can cannellini beans, drained, rinsed
- 2 zucchini, cut into 1cm pieces
- 1 leek, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, thinly sliced diagonally
- 3/4 cup frozen peas
- 100g fetta
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon rind
The instruction how to make Spring minestrone with whipped lemon fetta
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add stock and 3 cups water. Bring to the boil.
- Add pasta. Return to the boil. Boil for 5 minutes. Add beans, zucchini, leek and asparagus. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 5 to 6 minutes or until pasta and vegetables are tender, adding peas in the last 2 minutes of cooking.
- Meanwhile, process fetta with lemon juice in a food processor until smooth, adding a little water if needed. Season with pepper.
- Add parsley to soup. Serve soup topped with a dollop of whipped fetta and sprinkled with lemon rind.
Nutritions of Spring minestrone with whipped lemon fettacalories: 401.52 calories
calories: 12.3 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 45.7 grams carbohydrates
calories: 20.3 grams protein
calories: 17 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 1078 milligrams sodium