Delicious pieces of salty bacon add a meaty touch to this hearty cabbage and potato soup.
The ingredient of Cabbage, bacon and potato soup
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, finely chopped
- 250g shortcut bacon, chopped
- 1/2 (500g) cabbage, shredded
- 2 desiree potatoes, peeled, cut into 1cm cubes
- 6 cups Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 2 tablespoons flat-leaf parsley leaves, chopped
- crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Cabbage, bacon and potato soup
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion and bacon. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until onion is soft.
- Add cabbage and potatoes. Cook, stirring,for 2 minutes. Add stock and bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 minutes or until potato is tender. Season with salt and pepper. Ladle soup into warmed bowls. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with crusty bread.
Nutritions of Cabbage, bacon and potato soupcalories: 228.006 calories
calories: 16 grams fat
calories: 5 grams saturated fat
calories: 10 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 10 grams protein
calories: 1516.22 milligrams sodium