This creamy silverbeet soup meal will warm the soul for winter!
The ingredient of Creamy silverbeet soup
- 1 bunch silverbeet, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, roughly chopped
- 2 (400g) lady christl potatoes, peeled, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1/3 cup dry white wine
- 2 Massel vegetable stock cubes
- 1 litre boiling water
- 1 cup pure cream
- Crusty bread, to serve
The instruction how to make Creamy silverbeet soup
- Remove and discard stems from silverbeet. Shred leaves. Heat oil in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add onion, potato and garlic. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Add wine. Simmer for 2 minutes or until reduced by half.
- Place boiling water in a heatproof jug. Crumble stock cubes into jug. Stir to combine. Add to onion mixture. Cover. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 8 to 10 minutes or until potato is tender. Add silverbeet leaves. Cook for 2 minutes or until just wilted. Set aside for 2 minutes to cool slightly.
- Blend in batches until smooth. Return to pan over low heat. Season with pepper. Stir in cream. Cook for 2 minutes or until heated through. Serve with bread.
Nutritions of Creamy silverbeet soupcalories: 350.613 calories
calories: 27 grams fat
calories: 15 grams saturated fat
calories: 17 grams carbohydrates
calories: 5 grams sugar
calories: 6 grams protein
calories: 64 milligrams cholesterol
calories: 551.22 milligrams sodium